Thursday 28 February 2013

Feeling much better today and loving my boobies!! :o)

Hi!!

So yesterday was a hard day, I was tired and sore but today I'm feeling good :o)

Dr Ces called about 7:30 on the first night, and he called yesterday and tonight too which is really great.  It's nice to know that he'll call each day if I end up with any concerns or questions :o)

I slept better last night and I'm getting use to the drains.  I have been given a floral beach bag looking thing to put the drain bags in and carry around with me.  I just put the bag on the floor beside the bed at night and make sure the drains are laying out beside me and down into the bag over the edge of the bed, the hoses for the drains are really long so it's good that you've got plenty of hose to work with and there's no pulling or anything.

I would describe the feeling I have as that feeling that mother's who have breastfed would understand.  It's that feeling when your breasts get really engorged because they are so full of milk, but double the feeling, like as though you haven't fed the baby in a good few days or something, haha!!  Actually, come to think of it, it's that same engorged feeling on the day your milk comes in after having your baby, not fun but it's nothing that isn't tolerable.  It would be crazy to think there isn't going to be discomfort after having surgery and having this foreign thing put inside your body.  My body needs to get use to this new thing and my skin has to relax over it too, so considering, the discomfort isn't too bad :o)

More then anything, the compression bra is very tight, that's the most annoying thing.  I asked Dr Ces tonight if I could loosen my compression bra by one notch, which he said was fine.  I have a wide rib cage so my bra is tighter on me than it probably would be on others.  It's amazing how that little bit of relief could feel so good, lol...  I'm feeling so much better tonight and felt good today too :o)

I did a crazy thing late yesterday afternoon (Tuesday, the day after surgery).  I was SO tired and decided I just needed to sleep.  Being propped up on pillows was annoying me and I couldn't sleep so I got rid of them and slept with just two pillows behind my head, so I was flat on my back.  Anyway I fell asleep straight away for a solid hour, like a really deep solid sleep, but when I woke up I felt like my boobs were on fire, the pressure was SO intense like they would explode, and I was so stiff I could NOT get up.  I yelled out to my husband and he came in and put his hands behind my back to lift me up and soon as I was sitting up the pain was gone instantly.  It was so weird, I must have really relaxed when I was sleeping and ended up very stiff.  It was such an intense pressure I could have nearly cried and then as soon as they were hanging again when I sat up, I felt good again, strangest thing!  So last night I made sure to stay propped up on pillows and I was fine, haha!!  I guess I shouldn't have laid flat on my back like that just 1 day after surgery, silly girl, lol... :o)

I can't wait to actually SEE my boobies, Friday will be a very exciting day! :o)

Well, all in all, a great day today!  Considering I only had surgery 2 days ago, I have felt really good :o)

Talk again soon!

Sil xo

No comments:

Post a Comment