Wednesday 27 February 2013

The Day After Surgery... :o)

Hello again!

I had my boobs done yesterday, wow!  I still can't believe it has finally happened :o)

I didn't get much sleep at all last night.  As soon as I would fall asleep I'd wake up again.  I kept getting really stiff from sleeping in the same position on my back propped up with heaps of pillows.  I got up at about 4am and walked around the apartment for a bit because I felt like I needed to stretch my legs and my boobs felt quite hard and stiff when I woke up (I think from laying back and they would sort of settle on my chest and I would feel this intense pressure after a while) so when I would walk around and they were hanging on my chest again they instantly felt better.

They feel pretty good this morning, definitely tight and stiff of course, like lots of pressure but it's not so much pain, it's just this tightness.  They are a little sore on top in my cleavage area and also the round sides of each of my boobs heading toward my armpits.  I have absolutely no pain at all where my incisions are which surprised me, that's where I was cut so I thought that would be sore but the bottom halves of my boobs are numb at the moment, so that's definitely a good thing :o)  So yes, I'm sore but it's more stiffness, pressure, tightness, whatever you'd call it, and my back is sore from holding myself so stiffly I think, and I keep hunching so I'm trying to remind myself to stand with my shoulders back, lol..

My breasts are so swollen (which is to be expected of course), I feel like I can feel exactly where the implants are at the moment when I feel my breasts with my hands, and my skin is so shiny from being stretched over them.  It's all very interesting actually, lol.. :o)  My left boob is bigger than my right at the moment because it has more swelling.  The drains feel a bit restrictive but I'm glad they are there, they should definitely help bring the swelling down a lot.  During these first 24 hours , I've had about 300mls come out of each boob already, a lot of the stuff was Betadine at first because Dr Ces dips the implants in it before putting them in so that's a good thing for infection.  It looked like blood at first, haha!!  But the nurses told us yesterday it was Betadine, phew! hahaha!!! ;o)

What has surprised me is how useless my arms are.  It's like my elbows are permanently stuck at my sides, haha!!  The nurse did tell me to leave my elbows at my sides anyway, so I'm definitely doing that without even trying!  LOL!!!  I can't stretch my arms out or anything to reach for things and for the first 24 hours my hubby had to pull my knickers up and down for me went I went to the loo, hahaha!!!  ;o)

I have to keep my surgical bra on permanently and I'm not allowed to shower until Friday when the drains come out.  So I've wiped myself over with baby wipes and then I stood in a shallow bath while my hubby sponge bathed me with a face washer, that felt good actually, nice to feel clean :o)  I am taking my antibiotics which I forgot to mention I started the day before surgery, I have 4 a day and they make sure your body doesn't reject the implants.  The pain relief I am taking is called Digesic, it doesn't take the pain away but it lessens it a little.  I think it's good to feel some pain anyway, otherwise I might try to do too much because I'll think I can and then only postpone the healing or hurt myself.  What I'm feeling is tolerable, I'm just SO tired...  I think I'll feel better once I catch up on some sleep.

By the way, my husband is being amazing and so attentive.  I love him :o)

Well, I'm very tired so I think I will go and try to sleep...

Sil xo

No comments:

Post a Comment