Sunday 17 February 2013

The Research... Part 2 - My Surgeon!! :o)

I'm back!!

Now to talk about how I chose my wonderful surgeon! :o)


I think many people who get their breasts done and have a great experience and are happy with their results, really admire and respect their surgeons, and this is definitely my case.  I am so happy! :o)

I chose Dr Ces Colagrande as my surgeon.  (I added a link so that you can check out his website!)  His clinic is located at Mermaid Beach on Australia's beautiful Gold Coast.  He does his surgeries in accredited hospitals and in my case the surgery is being done at The Southport Day Hospital.  Now I want to mention right here, right now that I AM a real person, I AM NOT being paid by Dr Ces or anything like that to write this blog so descriptively about him.  This is my personal blog that I am writing and he knows nothing about.  I was originally going to make this blog private (for only my close friends to read) but I've decided once I'm finished it all and finished editing etc I will make it public and also tell Dr Ces about it, because I know how much it helped me to read other girls experiences.  So yes I am going to rave and rave about Dr Ces but that's because I am so happy with my whole experience and choosing a surgeon is a very important thing.

I will tell you everything I can possibly remember about him so it helps you in your decision making if you are looking at getting your breasts done and are considering him.  I originally started this whole blog simply because I wanted to remember my whole experience, but now I want to let my story be read by others because I appreciate how many other ladies have shared their own experiences for me to read while I was researching.  I am the kind of person who likes to compliment people when I receive great service.  I don't know about you but these days customer service isn't quite the same and it's usually surprising when you get great service from somewhere.  So if I receive great service I like to recommend the people for it because they deserve it.  Like the time when my husband and I bought our last two cars, both car companies were fantastic with the sales of our cars so I wrote recommendations about those car salesman through to the general managers of Honda and Subaru Australia.  So that's the kind of person I am and that's what I'm doing here with Dr Ces.  I'm raving about his work because it's all been fantastic and he deserves the raving review! :o)

Anyway, you already know I have spent 2 years researching, so I have googled, enquired and read about MANY surgeons across Australia, MANY!!!  In fact I recognise many surgeons names that I come across (oh I remember researching him, lol...) and in all the surgeons I researched I kept coming back to Dr Ces website photos as my favourite.  What I love most in his before and after photos is the symmetry.  Some of the women in his photos had uneven breasts beforehand (like me) and afterwards they always look symmetrical.  Another thing, is the nipples.  Dr Ces' placement of the breast implants always seem to result in the nipples being level with each other and facing where they should.  I came across so many surgeons before and after photos where the nipples face different directions (completely out to the sides, one up and one down etc) and in Dr Ces photos, they all look great.  I had another favourite surgeon I was considering who is located in Sydney, so it came down to him and Dr Ces.  The Sydney surgeon was a little cheaper than Dr Ces but price wasn't something I was worried about, it was the safest and most skilled surgeon I was looking for.

When I finally narrowed it down to Dr Ces and the Sydney surgeon I put both their web pages up and went through their before and after photos.  I had a piece of paper and put ticks and crosses to the breasts I liked and didn't like.  The Sydney surgeon had many more photos than Dr Ces, but out of all of the Sydney surgeon's photos I didn't like half of them, 50% of them I didn't like!  Whereas Dr Ces, there was only one I didn't like.  So that was the decision maker for me.

I didn't make the decision based just on photos though!!  That was the just part of my decision making.  There are many other reasons contributing to my decisions...  Actually it's funny because I had Dr Ces on my computer as my favourite surgeon when I was going through all my research in choosing someone, and I asked my best friend (who had got hers done over two years ago) who she had hers done through, and she said Dr Ces.  I was so spun out to tell the truth, I couldn't believe she'd been through the surgeon I was favouring toward, hahaha!!!  Let's just say I bombarded her with questions once I found out, and her sister had been done by him too, so knowing two people with amazing results was another factor in choosing him.

As you already know, it's brazilians all the way for me.  So it was important to find a surgeon who knows what he's doing and is very skilled at working with brazilians (remember, where the surgeon puts the implants is where they stay for the rest of your life).  Dr Ces is an Australian trained surgeon but he travelled over to Europe and spent many years advancing his skills over there.  Actually, how is this for something interesting, he was trained by the guy who INVENTED lipo-suction, that's a pretty big plus in Dr Ces resume I think! :o)  Anyway, because he worked in Europe, he used Brazilian implants for years, and now continues to use them in Australia.  So I feel very confident in his skills because of how much he has used them.  Also, Dr Ces believes in the brazilian implants that much as the safest implants in the world that he will NOT operate with standard textured and smooth implants, so if a patient is determined to have textured/smooth, Dr Ces will not do the surgery, now that's saying a lot about brazilian implants!

Well, I'll write more soon!  I'll write all about the phone consult I had with him on my next post!  I want to now, but this post is getting too long!  LOL!!! :o)

Sil xoxo








5 comments:

  1. Hi!!! I am so HAPPY i have come across your blog it has really made me glad that i chose Dr Ces to do my breasts, i have a consultation with him in a few weeks and then surgery in march!! i am SO worried about the pain and drains though!!!! :( :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nikki, It's been 4 years since I had my breasts done by Dr Ces & I couldn't rave more about him and how good I feel now! He is amazing not only as a surgeon but also in his kind caring manner both before and after the surgery. I was disappointed to have the drains at 1st when other surgeons didn't automatically use them but after having to have them emptied earlier than expected, due to the huge fluid loss I was experiencing, I'm so glad I had them. I can't imagine the pain I'd have been in without them and the unnecessary swelling to my already tender breasts. I went about many of my normal activities (with a support person doin all the heavy stuff) I even attended my children's Easter bonnet parade with a strategically placed bag and button up shirt!
      Wishing you the very best for your surgery & enjoying your amazing Dr Ces breasts afterwards :) :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Nikki!! Oh that's great news you have decided to go with Dr Ces. He is SO LOVELY!!! I am one month off my boobies being 1 year old now! They are amazing, have settled completely now. I sleep comfortably without any support bra at night and they've lost that stiffness they had for the first 6 months, now they are soft and squishy, perky and perfect. I love them so much!! I can dress them up and down depending on what I'm wearing because they have settled so nicely now. I'm wearing underwire bras with no discomfort, they just feel like a completely natural part of my body. I can't explain how happy I am with them! :o) Mu hubby and I went to the Gold Coast in November when they were 9 months old and it was my first face to face consult with Dr Ces since the operation, I had many phone consults with him previous to that and always felt comfortable. When I saw him, it was like seeing an old friend, we chatted about each other's kids and families etc before we got into the boobie check up. He is such a humble, down to earth, lovely man, and WONDERFUL surgeon. I tell people Dr Ces has magic hands because my boobs are perfect, haha!! :o) I have contacted him here and there throughout the year and he ALWAYS gets back to me quickly every single time, even if I was to contact him now, he would get back to me in 24 hours, he's just wonderful. I never expected after care that is so good and so caring. You have made the best decision! Good luck, I"m excited for you!!!!!!!!!! :o)
    Ps.. Don't stress about the drains, they're a little gross and a bit annoying to keep them out of your ways etc but they don't hurt. They feel a little restrictive is all because you're constantly thinking about them and making sure you don't accidentally sit on them or lay on them and things like that, lol... I am thankful he uses drains because I could feel the pressure leaving my body when the drain would be full after being asleep all night and my hubby would empty the bags, it would release pressure and felt somewhat relieving even, and I think they settled SO nicely and really quickly by having the drains take all the fluid away. If you have a look at my 1 week post op pic, you can see the swelling isn't too bad and that's because of the drains, they helped my boobs look great right from the start rather than high and swollen for a long time as the body absorbs all the fluid :o) and pain wise, day two I was sore but after that it was just stiffness and pressure, not pain. It will be a great experience Nikki, and I'm happy for you because I know what it's like to want boobies, YAY that you're having them done!!!! :o) xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!! I'm postop one week by Dr Ces. I am sooo happy and completely agree with everything you guys have said :) he is an amazing dr and I'm so glad I chose him!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi just read your story. I had my breasts done with dr ces this year in January and im over the moon. He did a revision surgery for me. My 1st implants were put in 13 years ago and i had bad capsular contracture. He was just as amazing as he is in your story about him. Iv never met such a thorough and caring surgeon ever. Not to mention how patient as i had a million and 1 questions i had for him.
    I had the Brazillian implants put in and im so glad i listened to him about brand, style and size of implant as they are the same as i wanted them to be. Which honestly i didnt think was possible. But he exceeded my expectations.
    I would highly recommend him to anybody wanting breast implants he is totally amazing and a perfectionist before during and after your surgery.

    ReplyDelete