Tuesday 26 February 2013

I have BOOBIES!!!!!! :o) :o) :o)

Hello lovelies!!

Well, I am now a lady with boobies!!!!!! :o)

I'm surprised how good I feel tonight! :o)  I decided to write this straight away, while it's all fresh on my mind.  I think I am feeling pretty groggy though so hopefully I remember everything, I'll go back over this post in a few days and edit any bits I've missed (and I'm sure my spelling will be woeful too, apologies in advance if I don't make any sense! LOL!!!)

***Yes, I have been back and edited since, I wrote some words and even a whole sentence TWICE!!  Hahahaha!!!!  I was definitely feeling groggy that night :o) ***

So, I was surprisingly calm ALL morning!  I washed my hair and shaved my legs because I know I won't be able too for a good few days.  I didn't feel nervous this morning, just... weird??  Lol...  That's all that I can describe the feeling like.  So yes, nervous obviously but it didn't feel like nerves to me at the time.  My hubby said I was being really quiet though, lol...  Oh and how sweet is he?  He got up before me and snuck out to have coffee and breakfast really quietly because he knew that I wasn't allowed to have anything to eat or drink so he didn't want to do it in front of me, he's so sweet :o)

We drove too the Southport Day Hospital an hour before my surgery time and my husband and I waited to be called in, my tummy was flipping a little at this stage.  The administration lady came and took my medical forms that I had filled out to get photocopies of it and my medicare card too while we were in the waiting room.  When I got called in, the nurse said that was as far as my husband could go so I had to say goodbye to him.  He looked a bit nervous about that the poor thing, lol...  Actually I think he was more nervous than me at the time! :o)  I felt okay saying goodbye to him but I really wished he could have stayed longer.

Anyway, a nurse took me into a little room and first talked to me about the whole procedure, explaining what would happen step by step, and then she got me to dress in a hospital gown, stockings, booties and a hat to cover my hair.  She checked that I was wearing cotton knickers (which I had made sure I did), otherwise she would have given me paper knickers to wear apparently (I wonder why you have to wear cotton knickers anyway??).  She then gave me a big white robe to wear over everything so that was good :o)  I was cold in there (or maybe it was nerves?) so I really liked the robe to keep me warm, and to hide the funny looking hospital gown ;o) 

Once I was dressed the nurse took my blood pressure and went through my forms with me, made me state my name, date of birth, what I was there for etc, and then she left the room and a few minutes later the anaesthetist came in.  The anaesthetist asked all about my Asthma that I had mentioned I have on my medical form, and listened to my chest to make sure I didn't have any congestion or anything, and she talked me through what to expect with the general.  She also went through all my medical forms again and confirmed everything like the first nurse did.

Finally, it was Dr Ces turn.  He  came into the room with a great big smile and greeted me cheerfully.  I think he must have been able to tell I was nervous because he was speaking very comforting toward me and chatted away to ease my nerves.  He tried the surgical bra on me to make sure it was going to fit and then took his time drawing his marks on my breasts to make sure he had it all right.  Then he spoke reassuringly to me before walking with me into the operating theatre.  This part felt so weird when I walked in there, like a dreamilike experience I think, was this really happening??  Haha!!  I could see all these nurses, Dr Ces, instruments and the big light above the operating table, it was soooo weird, lol...

I'll say right here actually that everybody at the Southport Day Hospital Including Dr Ces were wonderful, they were the friendliest, most comforting doctor and nurses I have ever had experience with.  I've had caesarians with my kids and I can say 100% that I have never had care like the care I received today at this hospital.  They were all very reassuring and attentive, smiley, friendly, and told little jokes to ease my nerves.  COMFORTING is the word I want to use here, because I was pretty anxious and they smiled non stop and said all the right things to comfort me.  They were just fantastic!  Biggest difference to the care I've received when I had my babies that's for sure!

Anyway, I walked into this big scary looking room (well not really 'scary', just a very "this is an operating room, and I'm about to use a scalpel on you" looking room... no pressure ;o) hahahahaha!!!!!)  I hopped onto this beautifully warm, snuggly operating table.  They had heated it up and it was nice and warm and calmed me down lots!  Just what I needed.  From there everything happened very fast.  All the nurses started putting things on me and worked very quickly while the anaesthetist put the needle in the top of my hand.  She did it in a very clever way actually (because no one likes needles) and while the nurses were sticking little electrodes (or whatever they were) to my back and stuff, the anaesthetist fussed with my hand and then said "just a little sting" before popping the needle in.  I actually don't remember the sting, so I think because there was so much happening at once I didn't really focus on the needle like I otherwise would have.

Right before I was given the anaesthesia Dr Ces appeared beside me and put his hand reassuringly on my cheek.  He looked straight into my eyes and said, "everything will go just fine, I will go and scrub up now and I'll see you when you wake up" with a big warming smile.  How nice is that?  I think a reassuring little sentence like that was just what I needed at this scary time.  The last thing I remember before being knocked out is looking at the ceiling and thinking "wow I feel drunk" because the ceiling was moving around, hahaha!!!  Then a nurse said "we'll just give you some oxygen" and I saw the mask coming toward my face, and boom, that was it, I was out like a light :o)

Next thing, I woke up in recovery with two nurses standing on each side of my bed.  I felt like I had woken up from a long night's sleep and for a second I forgot where I was.  I sort of looked at the nurses and then thought "oh that's right!  I've just had my boobs done!" hahaha!!!  I lifted the blanket and looked down, and even though my boobs were in the surgical bra, I could see the bulging of them and liked what I saw, yay!!!  :o)  I wasn't in any pain surprisingly, my chest felt very heavy that's all, like a really tight and swollen feeling, and I felt like I needed to breathe very deeply because my chest was so tight.  My throat and lips were SO dry and I had a sore throat, so the nurses gave me water to sip through a straw and chatted to me a lot as I woke up more.  I was REALLY groggy and tired.

Dr Ces told me that I freaked out a little bit when I was coming out of the anaesthetic and I tried to sit up and get off the operating table, hahaha!!!  Apparently I tried to push the nurses away too and they had to force me to lay down again.  Oops, sorry Dr Ces and nurses :o}  Hahaha!!!  ;o)  I guess all my anxiety (and handling my nerves so surprisingly well leading up to it) must have got too much and I must have felt disoriented or something and panicked.  I don't remember ANY of it though.  Definitely feel embarrassed, lol... I wish I was a fly on the wall to see what I did!  LOL!!!  How embarrassing though!! :o)

I can't remember too much in those first moments but after a while they got me to walk over and sit in a chair nearby and then gave me something to eat and drink.  Some apple juice, and some crackers and cheese.  After a little while, my hubby turned up and Dr Ces came in to check on me and check my incisions.  By then I felt drowsy but more awake.  I chatted a bit with the nurses and Dr Ces before a nurse showed my hubby how to empty the drains and then took me in a wheelchair down to our car to go back to the motel.  Everybody was just wonderful today! :o)


Back at the hotel this afternoon I have felt pretty 'drunk' I guess you could describe it as, and tired.  My poor hubby said he was stressing the whole time he was waiting back at the hotel for me, I think I was gone for about 5-6 hours all up?  He said he sat there mindlessly watching the TV and did absolutely nothing but wait for that phone to ring and hoped that I was okay... Love him to pieces :o)  Right now my back hurts a little but I think that is because I am so stiff and the compression bra is SO tight.  I've had a coffee since I got back and something small to eat, I really didn't feel like eating that much.  My boobs look SO swollen and I am starting to feel pretty sore now so I think I'll go and try to sleep for a bit, feeling so tired right now :o)

What a day, I can't believe I got my boobs done, this is all so surreal, lol... :o)

Lots of love
Sil xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment